Section I: General Purposes.
The Garland Association of Latino Administrators (GALA) is a nonprofit public association organized under the Texas Business Organizations Code for public or charitable purposes. This corporation is not organized for the private gain of any person.
Section II: Specific Purposes.
Within the context of the general purposes stated above, this Association is organized, and at all times hereafter shall be operated, for the specific purposes stated in its Articles of Incorporation in furtherance of the following goals:
1. Being the recognized organization in providing strategies to help all education administrators and teachers eliminate the achievement gap for Latino students;
2. Advocating on behalf of Latino students;
3. Providing mentoring, professional development and career enhancement opportunities to aspiring administrators;
4. Working cooperatively with other organizations to promote and advocate quality public education;
5. Providing networking and professional growth and development opportunities for all members of the Association;
6. Providing professional assistance to community groups, Boards of Education, and
other leaders in related fields of education;
7. Encouraging research for program improvement;
8. Initiating research and providing data necessary to develop educational programs which meet the educational needs of the community served by the membership; and
9. Exercising any other rights and powers conferred on nonprofit public benefit corporations.
Section III: Limitations.
This Association is organized and operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Notwithstanding any other provision of these bylaws, this Association shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the purposes of this Association and shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on by the Association exempt from federal income tax under Section
501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
No substantial part of the activities of this Association shall consist of lobbying or propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation. The association shall not participate or intervene (including the publishing or distributing statements) in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.
The property of this Association is irrevocably dedicated to the purposes set forth above. No part of the earnings of this Association shall ever inure to the benefit of any directors or officers or to the benefit of any private person.
We believe in developing leaders in our community
The Garland Association of Latino Administrators (GALA) is a community of diverse educational leaders skilled in addressing the needs of Latino students and dedicated to increasing the number of highly effective administrators, counselors, teachers and support staff.
Developing leaders within the community to foster success for all learners